Animal Rescues / Support
- Save Our Setters: An Irish Setter rescue. Who can not love those beautiful faces?
- Petfinder: The perfect place to find a new best friend.
- The Animal Rescue Site: Click once a day to help out some friends waiting for their fur-ever homes. Or go shopping. They have some great stuff!
- Dog-E-Tag: Digital identification tag. Easily updated and waterproof so your buddy can always find their way home.
- Doghause Designs: Spay/Neuter awareness, plus some awesome quotes!
- Best Friends Animal Society: Largest no-kill haven in the nation. They refuse to believe that homeless animals need to be killed.
- North Carolina Dog Fun Directory: A list of off-leash parks and such all over North Carolina!
- The Haven Friends for Life: Where I met my baby.
- Nerdy Shirts: For the nerd in all of us.
- Etsy: Uncommon goods for uncommon people.
- Perpetual Kid: Who doesn’t love toys?
- Shana Logic: Cutsy stuff.
- Femail Creations: This has to be my favorite place to shop for my girlfriends.
- Gorp: Adventure Travel and Recreation website. People are able to post their favorite hikes and trips for others to download into their GPS. Great place to research hiking routes!
- Call of the Wild: Went on an adventure with the owner, Kate, a guide named Colleen, and a group of 11 amazing women. Kate is running a business that gives women the genuine opportunity to get out and experience our world. I would *highly* recommend this company.
- Women’s Wilderness Institute: This is another women-only adventure travel company I’ve had the pleasure of going with. An interesting tidbit about them is a portion of your trip price actually goes to giving scholarships to underprivileged girls the chance to go on one of their trips for girls!
- Backpacking with your Dog: Because they love being out there as much as we do. Fortunately, someone did all the research about it so we wouldn’t have to.
- Moosejaw: Once you find a place to go, you need the gear! For everything you buy you get “points.” Points = free stuff.
- NOLS: National Outdoor Leadership School. Teaching you everything you need to know about being out there and taking people with you.
- Maryjane’s Outpost: Food, jobs, etc for the outdoors person. She even started her own kind of organic trail food!